Building positive relationships at Willow Childrens Nursery
Children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships.
Please use the menu above to access the four sections of the Positive Relationships theme.
- Warm and welcoming nursery that fosters a sense of belonging
- Sensitive and responsive to the child’s needs, feelings and interests
- Supportive of the child’s own efforts and independence
- Consistent in setting clear boundaries
- Built on key personal relationships in early years settings
Every interaction is based on caring, professional relationships and respectful acknowledgement of the feelings of children and their families.
Parents are children’s first and most enduring educators.
When parents and practitioners work together in early years settings, the results have a positive impact on children’s development and learning.
Warm, trusting relationships with knowledgeable adults support children’s learning more effectively than any amount of resources.
A key person has special responsibilities for working with a small number of children, giving them the reassurance to feel safe and cared for and building relationships with their parents.